Winnipeg Jets Jacob Trouba conference call
The Winnipeg Jets Jacob Trouba just finished up a conference call and if you missed any of it here are some of his comments from it:
- tough walking away from Michigan, and I want to graduate one day. Felt I was ready for this and the opportunity & timing right
- Ready for the challenge, never going to improve if I don’t challenge myself and step up the level.
- After the season, talked it over with my family and was ready to make the move. Will take some adjusting both on & off the ice.
- Success at WJHC didn’t change my thinking too much. Got lucky at the tournament with how the US team came together well.
- Going to miss a lot about school. Being a part of Michigan, it’s cool and a special place.
- D-Zone coverage has improved since the draft. Every thing has been improving, especially offensive side.
- Want to learn as much as I can to put myself into a position to succeed and play with the Jets next season.
- Up to the coaches if I will be playing this year with the Jets. Haven’t been told or promised anything.
- Want to play with the Jets, but if the organisation deems St. John’s the best place for me, so be it.
- Just want to come and help in the heat of a playoff race. Whatever the team wants of me, I’m happy to do.