Jets on a Deadline – Panthers 4 Jets 1
Winnipeg Free Press: Pesky Panthers lay licking on Jets.
Winnipeg Sun: Panthers pounce on Jets.
NHL.com: Panthers ground Jets 4-1.
Jets site: Sun down on Jets in Florida.
Coach Noel post-game quotes:
– “I didn’t think we were very good. I didn’t think we were very good at all. I think we lacked a lot of things.”
– “We never paid the price to win and that’s clear for me, and we’re not good enough to win easy so that’s clear and we didn’t start the game very well”.
– “We never even drew a penalty. How do you go through a game not drawing a penalty? Usually that comes from your work ethic or from your battle level”.
– “You look at the scoring chances in our last two games, we never paid the price to score in my views. At least not getting to the net, not doing the hard things”.
– “We didn’t match the same intensity that they had or the will they had to win the game. It’s that simple”.
– “Had we matched it we might have been on the other side of it but you can’t play this way and expect you’re going to win games”
Players post-game quotes:
Blake Wheeler: “You had a team that was hungry on their side and it certainly looked like they had more to play for than we did and we were unable to respond”.
Kyle Wellwood: “Thought we came out a little sluggish. We didn’t find a way to put the puck in the areas where we could get on the forecheck and get some hits. We have a lot of guys who do well when there is a high tempo to the game and tonight they really slowed the game down.”
Andrew Ladd: “Comes down to needing everyone in this room to buy into what we are doing and have that resolve every night and desperation every night”
Ondrej Pavelec: “We just didn’t show up tonight”
NHL.com 3 Stars
1. Shawn Matthias
2. Jacob Markstrom
3. Jonathan Huberdeau