Jets on a Deadline – Lightning 8 Jets 3
Winnipeg Free Press: Jets struck by hot Lighting.
Winnipeg Sun: Lightning jolt Jets 8-3.
Globe and Mail: Conacher leads onslaught as Lightning hammer Jets.
Jets official site: Lightning strikes.
NHL.com: Lightning overwhelm Jets.
Tampa Bay Tribune: Tampa Bay stays hot with rout of Winnipeg.
Tampa Bay Times: Bolts keep winning.
Coach Noel Post-game scrum:
– Some of the penalties we took weren’t great. I think the hit on Wheeler was a call, that certainly our bench thought, we’ve seen it called against us, so it caught us off guard on that one and I think the guys were frustrated and angry and it showed. We ended up taking another penalty. So obviously the game got out of hand. But I mean you can spin it in any negative fashion you want and obviously we are all aware of what took place but for me, and I know the game was out of hand, but for me there were some things we did in the 3rd, and I know they didn’t compete as hard as we would have liked. For us we are going to move forward. I am not going to dwell on that type of game.
– The players care. They care about their game and they care about each other. We are going to build off of that and try and get some positive vibes in this thing and it will start in practice and it will go from there. We need a couple of good days and then we need to prepare for Florida. We need to turn this thing back to the way we are capable of playing.
– Sometimes you’ve got to hit rock bottom to figure out you’ve had enough of this stuff. Our job is to find solutions to these things. For me, I know how our team can play and that is what we have to get back to doing. And we will start building that back up again and building the foundation of this team which is what we saw the first little while and then the wheels fell off and then penalties took over and away you went.
– Mark has sat out for a fair bit. I wanted to get more speed in the lineup against this team. I thought he was good on the right side and at centre he played with some real emotion and I thought he did well. Just part of the process of evaluating his situation.
– I thought Postma played fairly well in the game. He is getting experience and that is probably a good thing.
NHL.com 3 Stars
1. Cory Conacher
2. Steven Stamkos
3. Eric Brewer