Illegal Curve Radio – June 16, 2010
Missed last night’s show? You can watch it here on UStream
It joins in a few minutes in (technical problems again).
Here is the recap of the show.
Illegal Curve Radio Show Plan June 16, 2010
Show introduction, R Desk, Phone Numbers, etc.
Stanley cup recap (Game 6, goaltending, Philly D depth, Conn Smythe)
Replay the Mike Bossy interview from 530PM
1) Discuss Dion Phaneuf being named new captain of the Toronto Maple Leafs
(or interview with member of Leafs front office)
2) If no interview, we will also discuss Cam Neely being named new president of the Boston Bruins
1) NHL contract buy-out period began yesterday. Who are some candidates to be bought out? Who should be bought out?
(For the next two weeks, teams can buy out players over the age of 26 for 2/3 of their remaining contract and players younger than 26 for 1/3 of their remaining contract. The salary cap hit is spread over twice the number of years remaning on the contract.)
2) Peter Forsberg offered contract to return to the NHL in March—will he return next year?
8:20PM (Interview with Corey Pronman from Puck Perspective—(954-740-0033)
8:40PM (Rapid Fire)
1) If you were an opposing owner, and the NHL ends up owning the Coyotes for another year, would you demand that the maximum spent by the Coyotes on player salaries was the salary cap floor?
2) Doug Weight re-signed on Long Island—Is he the right veteran leader for that young team?
3) Brendan Morrison, Scott Walker, and Joe Corvo will not be re-signed in Washington—Of the 3 who has the most value, and how much would you sign that individual for?
4) If you were the LA Kings, and you were going to trade one goaltender in the off-season, would that goaltender be Jonathan Quick or Jonathan Bernier?
5) The Vancouver Canucks will hold training camp in Penticton BC this september. Do you think teams are better off holding training camp in small local cities, or on their home ice?
6) Aaron Rome re-signed in Vancouver for 2 years and $1.5 million dollars. Do you like the signing, or is he over-paid?
7) The Flyers reportedly have re-signed Johan Backlund to a 2 year contract to be their #1 back-up next season. Upon announcing the signing, the Flyers said Backlund needs to undergo hip surgery this off season. As a Flyer’s fan does this signing not worry you?
8) With the issue of head shots and concussions having more relevance than ever before, is it time the NHL mandates the type(s) of helmets used by players?