Nightly Hockey Hits: When stars shoot for the GM’s chair, 2010 U.S. Olympic Team – Locks & Contenders, Vincent Lecavalier won’t be traded this season, AHL club offers ‘Tiger Woods’ package
If you have a twitter account, why not add Illegalcurve for the latest NHL news.
Here is word from around the blogs:
- Spector: Why Vincent Lecavalier won’t be traded this season. Monster contract but could be such an asset.
Five Hole Fanatics: John Stevens – Scapegoat before the Percentages. Can’t disagree with his assessment.
- Sens Town: Leclaire back in 10 days. Good news for the Sens although better news would be that the stars on the team start scoring.
- Hockey Wilderness: Winter Classic interview with Ed Olcyzk including his take on playing outside, kids and Martin Havlat. I’ve got one saying for Eddie O “we’re bringing it back to Winnipeg!”.The Hockey News: When stars shoot for the GM’s chair. Bet some of these guys could still get on the ice and contribute.
- The Fifth Feather: Issue or non-issue? Kinda surprising that the Hawks don’t have their own practice facility.
- Globe on Hockey: On loser points and personnel losses. Interesting to see that the Canucks haven’t been the beneficiary of any ‘loser points’.
- Crunch: ‘Tiger Woods Foursome’ ticket package. Gotta love this promo, especially if you need work on your car or SUV.
- NHL Fanhouse: 2010 U.S. Olympic Team: Locks & Contenders. Prior to the season starting who would have thought that Tim Thomas would be on the contenders list. Would like to see Modano on the team but it doesn’t look likely.
- Times: In twist, Tribe fights for college nickname. This is quite the divisive issue on the UND campus. Interesting that the jersey was the winner of a contest for best jersey that the Hockey News held back in 2005.
The guys from Bloge Salming present the episode of Sportscenter you don’t want to miss: