On the Beat (Eastern Conference): Monster discusses heart scare, SK 74 in lineup tonight, should the NHL be renamed the National Hilarity League?
Here is today’s word from the team beat writers:
- Chris Vivlamore of the Atlanta Journal Constitution is reporting that Angelo Esposito will have surgery tomorrow on his re-torn ACL.
- The Buffalo Sabres will be without Mike Grier as he is spending time with his mother who is sick and coach Lindy Ruff says “We’ll give him as much time as he needs”.
- Despite the fact that they will be coaching against them, the Carolina Hurricanes seem happy for the new positions of Peter Laviolette and Kevin McCarthy.
- Carey Price is the expected starter for the Habs tonight and the team got good news on the injury front as the ankle injury sustained by Sergei Kostitsyn was minor.
- The Islanders have two more road games, tomorrow in Philly and Wednesday in Toronto, before they complete their exhaustive 14-in-17 road stretch. (registration required).
- The New York Rangers Chris Drury says that he took the time off from playing as a good opportunity to watch and learn. (registration required).
- The Ottawa Senators prevailed last night over the Ducks and the Ottawa Citizen’s James Gordon breaks down the results.
- Sam Carchidi suggests there is so much inconsistency in the penalties, suspensions and explanations that it’s hilarious and wonders if the NHL should be renamed the National Hilarity League.
- Seth Rorabaugh of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette wonders why the league failed to take action against the Hawks Duncan Keith on his high hit on Matt Cooke.
- Maple Leafs goaltender Jonas Gustavsson acknowledged this morning he was scared last week when his heart troubles resurfaced during a game in Montreal.
- Tarik El-Bashir of the Washington Post is reporting that Karl Alzner has been reassigned to Hershey and that Matt Bradley has gone back to Washington to be with his wife, who is having a baby.