Nightly Hockey Hits: Five hours at MSG with the Knicks the Rangers and lots of crazy fans, poor attendance will impact players, did Phil Kessel try and recruit Marc Savard?
Word from across the blogs:
- Flames Insider: Healthy Flames ready to conclude road trip. The Flames continue to be hot and are hoping to scorch the Kings.
- mc79hockey: The consequences of horrendous failure. For the sake of Steve Tambellini and Kevin Lowe they had best hope they don’t hit the mark.
- Hitting the Post: It is December, and Wild coach Richards is the sun! The Wild seem to have gotten it turned around of late.
- Nucks Misconduct: Conspiracy theorists unite – Is the Orca going extinct? Looks like Canucks fans like the retro stick look (c) and I’m in agreement with them that this is probably the best choice.
- Lions in Winter: Putting to bed the Habs centennial. Nice assessment of that which was, and now its time to look to the future for Montreal.
- Hockey or Die: Did Phil Kessel try and recruit Marc Savard? Seems like harmless banter between buddies.
- Japers’ Rink: Southeast strength. I knew that the Caps were dominante within the division but that record against Tampa is incredible.
- Tips for Hockey: Daniel Carcillo suspended for four games and fined. I remember watching the highlights and thinking how in the world did a team get 9 minutes in power play time.
- Hub Hockey: Should Plekanec be suspended for this blatant “butt-end”? The video seems to show the intent of Plekanec.
- The Sports Section: Five hours at the MSG with the Knicks, the Rangers, and lots of crazy fans. One word: awesome.
- Puck Daddy: Corey Perry giving Steve Yzerman something to think about. As Daniel wrote today in his High Noon Fantasy Hockey piece, there are quite a few tandems who would look good wearing Team Canada uniforms.
- Greatest Hockey Legends: More Olympic coverage? Poor Dmitri, should have known better than to try and take on Joe Pelletier. Joe’s site has extensive information.
- Brodeur is a Fraud: Why offence rules the new NHL. Good points as per usual.
- The Hockey News: Poor attendance will impact players. No question about it. Illegalcurve has more on this topic as an IC readers attended both the Coyotes game on Thursday against the Flames as well as Saturday’s contest against the Senators. Here is his account of the two game experience.
Blog Salming with an advanced look at the 2010 NHL Awards. This video is funny and using Chunk from the Goonies puts it over the top.