Nightly Hockey Hits: 10 types of Leaf fans (and how to deal with them), Russians favorite to take home gold, Savard signing not imminent, KHL invades Sweden, 10 best hockey games of the last decade.
Word from around the blogs and for more up-to-date hockey info, check out Illegalcurve on Twitter.
- The Bruins Blog: Savard signing not imminent. Despite reports to the contrary it appears it isn’t as close to happening as was previously reported.
- Ranger Rants: Avery’s wish. Surprisingly not talking about himself.
- Die by the Blade: Balanced attack has Sabres on track. Which is why Buffalo is able to sustain an injury or two, because they don’t rely on one player (with the exception of Ryan Miller).
- Tips for Hockey: The challenge for Florida’s new owners. The 96′ Stanley Cup Finals was a long time ago.
- Off the Posts: Changes coming at Senators box office. The one thing the Sens front office can do to get fans back is by dropping the prices. (oh ya, and winning would help).
- Down Goes Brown: The 10 types of Leaf fans (and how to deal with them). Brilliant as per usual. Probably could apply this list to all teams.
- Flames Insider: Will tonight be Jokinen’s break out game? I like hearing that he checks out hockeyfights.com. Perhaps he’s been reading IC as well.
- Cult of Hockey: Was Ryan Wilson out for revenge against the Oilers’ Ethan Moreau? It was the first thing I thought when I saw who he hit and who was delivering the hit.
- NHL Fanhouse: Hawks likely have some dealing to do. As Richard pointed out yesterday, it is going to be quite interesting to see what Chicago GM Bowman does to get the team under the cap.
- Battle of California: Jonathan Quick is not very good right now. Young goalie who is still learning but clearly there is room for improvement.
- Mother Pucker: Detroit’s no goal call. That is a pretty simple concept! If only the NHL would be smart enough to adopt it.
- Rink Rap: Strange days in the NHL. I completely agree, the NHL has been anything but boring this season.
- Puck Daddy: The 10 best hockey games of the last decade. Having been at the Saddledome to see the Flames/Lightning Game 6 in 2004, I can attest that it was one of the best hockey games I’ve ever seen.
- Pierre Lebrun: Swedish team agrees to join KHL. Before anyone gets too worried that the Russians are invading, this is a 2nd tier team from Sweden, so what does that say about the quality of the KHL?
- The Hockey News: Russians favorite to take home gold. While he is right in saying this sentiment won’t make him too many friends in Canada and while I can’t predict who will win, my money’s on Team Canada.
Bloge Salming does it again, this time with a deleted clip from an upcoming documentary on “How the lockout was won”.