Nightly Hockey Hits: Joe Thornton excited to reveal Nabokov’s secrets at Olympics, a Canadiens fan in Leaf Country, Avery has zero interest in shenanigans, who will be the best NHL player to not win a Stanley Cup?
For all the latest NHL news be sure to follow IC on Twitter.
And now for word from around the blogs:
- Ice Man: Would starting weeknight Thrashers games 30 minutes later really make a difference? I think starting games later is always better. Gives people time to get home and then to the game without rushing like a maniac.
- Japers’ Rink: What to do with Alexander Semin? Very interesting round table of Caps bloggers. Seems like Semin has a lot of people angry, but with all that talent, it’s difficult to think of the Caps trading him away.
- The Goose’s Roost: Physical challenge. The Sabres will be playing 12 games in 24 days but if Ryan Miller continues to play as well as he has, and the team continues to get production from all 4 lines as it has, then this team should be able to roll past some pretty tough November competition.
- Sens Chirp: Good to have Spezza back. His passing is pretty damn spectacular sometimes.
- T.O. Sports: Being a Canadiens fan in Leaf Country isn’t always easy. It really isn’t easy being a fan of any team other than of the one team that you reside near, but I’d have to imagine that this would be one of the most difficult in the NHL to maintain.
- He Score, He Shoot: Here’s to future days. Leafs nation will be very excited should Phil Kessel put on a show against the ailing Hurricanes tonight.
- NHL Fanhouse: Lou Lamoriello’s Creed - Competence, Loyalty and Work Ethic. He remains one of the best in the business.
- NY Rangers Blog: Avery has zero interest in shenanigans. I’m sure that Avery won’t be skating with his head down anytime during the game.
- Hub Hockey: Another save of the year by Tim Thomas. Just when the chatter all seemed to be centered on the Sabres Ryan Miller, Thomas shows you why he will be part of the conversation for #1 team USA goalie.
- Canucks Hockey Blog: Why wouldn’t you want Forsberg? I think he would be a good fit for the team. Plus as an added bonus, team Sweden would be pretty cohesive for February.
- Cult of Hockey: Confessions of an Oilers-hating twit . I expected Staples to go after someone defaming the Oilers, but instead the object of his article is himself. Interesting piece.
- Hockey Wilderness: On player availability. Interesting article as the media sometimes treads lightly on calling out a player for fear of losing access.
- Winging it in Mowtown: Don’t look now. This team just needed time to get cohesive and recover from the trip to Sweden to start the season. When they actually get Mule back, expect the Wings to be battling for the Central as per usual.
- Ice Chips: Young Coyotes defensemen eager to impress. With the way the team is playing, everyone has looked impressive so far.
- Fear the Fin: Joe Thornton: “In Vancouver, I’ll Reveal the Secrets of Nabokov”. Gotta love how he is willing to do this for Team Canada. I wonder how Sharks coach Todd McLellan feels about Joe sharing his goalie’s secrets.
- Tips for Hockey: Analysis of the San Jose Sharks. Eric is pretty bang on in his assessment.
- Puck Daddy: The best NHL player who won’t win the Stanley Cup. I don’t think Joe belongs on this list, because the question asks “who won’t” and I believe he will absolutely win a cup.