Nightly Hockey Hits: Trying to make sense of Sens’ grievance, a look at Canucks/Rangers brawl, rent Fenway’s Winter Classic rink for 10k, Peter Forsberg rumours as well as Chelios possibly returning to the Habs.
For all the latest NHL news be sure to follow IC on Twitter.
And now for word from around the blogs:
- Globe on Hockey: Trying to make sense of Sens’ grievance. It would seem that legally they are out the cash, but Heatley should never have accepted the bonus in the first place.
- Sens Chirp: Rumour: Volchenkov extension in the works. That would be quite a long term commitment.
- Maple Leafs Hot Stove: Question Period – Leafs Edition. Leafs nation sounds off on this list of 10 questions concerning the team.
- Empty Netters: Penguins don’t tie longest road winning streak to start season. It wasn’t cause they lost, but rather the NHL record book had an omission.
- Hockeyjackass: Things go sour in Rangers/Canucks game. I wasn’t really aware of what happened but after watching the YouTube video I have the following three observations; 1) Why was O’Brien jabbing Avery from the bench? 2) Gotta love listening to Sean Avery trash talking “shut the **** up, Hordichuk you’re a bum, you don’t even belong in this league”. 3) Nice to see all those Rangers on the ice vs. the Canucks.
- Cult of Hockey: How much will the Oilers miss Horcoff? Perhaps this will give him some time to get his game back on track.
- Andrews Dallas Stars Page: Stars forward Brian Sutherby making an impact. Looks like he’s adapting well to the Stars system.
- Morning Skate: Blues prospect Lars Eller expected to make NHL debut Thursday. He has some decent numbers with the Rivermen, so should be good times for the 13th overall pick in 2007.
- The Hockey News: Red Wings brass says it will take ‘miracle’ to extend team’s home-ice streak. Perhaps senior vice-president Jim Devellano is trying to light a fire under the players. Once healthy the Wings should compete for 1st in the Central.
- Checking from Behind: 15th Annual Comics Come Home. Nice to see guys contributing their time for a good cause such as this.
- Hockey Rumours: Forsberg Rumours, Team courting Chelios. That KHL story is an interesting development. Looks like the team courting Chelios is apparently the Habs as was reported tonight by French website CKAC. They reported that “Chris Chelios et Bob Gainey se sont parlés”. (Quick translation – Chris & Bob spoke). Is he going back to where it all began? Stay tuned.
- Puck Daddy: Grab your friends (and $10K), rent out Fenway’s Classic rink. That’s some pretty big cake to play a pick up game of hockey.
- NHL Fanhouse: A look at the NHL’s October attendance. Kinda surprising the numbers in Denver so far. No surprise about Phoenix as we commented yesterday. Perhaps as the weather gets colder, folks across the league will start thinking about attending some hockey.