Nightly Hockey Hits: Top 10 Things that changed the game, trade talk about Kaberle, Giguere and Toskala, Winnipeg to host World Under 17 Hockey Challenge in 2011 and 2012, a hockey game not a good spot for 1st date!
For all the latest NHL news be sure to follow IC on Twitter.
And now for word from around the blogs:
- Flames Insider: Pardy back in, Phaneuf/Regehr thriving. Looks like it was just going to take some time till that pairing got going.
- Lowetide: A few home truths. In Rich’s post about the toughest divisions, the Northwest is part of the conversation and unfortunately for the Oilers, it looks like they will be in tough again this season.
- Canucks Hockey Blog: Salo close to returning, who will sit? Aside from the 3rd period breakdown, I thought the Canucks looked good last night against the Wings. Salo coming back should help.
- Nightmare on Helm Street: Cleary quietly producing. First off, love the blog name. Secondly, I agree that from what I’ve seen he’s played pretty well considering he’s played with almost every Wing on the team.
- Working the Corners: Boyle has been playing with broken thumb; Clowe likely to start tonight on Thornton-Heatley line. Impressive that Boyle’s been playing with it all season, not as impressive is that it was broken by another Shark during practice.
- Lions in Winter: Letting players go for nothings vs. the desperate grab. Looking back at some of the deals the Habs have done (or didn’t do). Best non-Hab example was the Jets trading Kris Draper to Detroit for $1. IC Trivia: Who was behind the Wings getting Draper from the Jets? (Hint: He’s a former GM).
- Lightning Strikes: Anthony Sansone Jr. says he still is interested in buying the Tampa Bay Lightning. He made this statement in the August 22nd, 2009 St. Petersburg Times to Damian Cristodero “Business first, sports fan later. I have no problem watching sports on television or playing them. I don’t need to be an owner to identify with that. If this doesn’t make sound financial sense, not a chance.” which leads me to believe that he will not be wanting to purchase an NHL franchise.
- The Hockey News: Top 10 things that changed the game. Thought the NHLPA was a bit high. What do IC readers think of the list?
- My Very Worst Date: The hockey fan. This guy reminds me of David Putty at the Devils game, less the face painting. How could a date at a hockey game go so badly?
- Tom Benjamin: NHLPA is incapable of governing itself. He’s right on all points.
- Pens Universe: Double standard in the NHL? No question about it.
- Hockey Canada: Winnipeg, Manitoba to host World Under 17 Hockey Challenge in 2011 and 2012. Great news for the Peg’. If there is one thing it does as good as anyone, anywhere is put on and support these types of tournaments.
- Hockey Rumours: Kaberle talk, Giguere for Toskala deal seems unlikely. The big concern with Giguere (aside from that cap hit) is the status of his groin. Despite all the calls for Chris Osgood’s head, it doesn’t look like they are interested in making a deal.