Nightly Hockey Hits: NHL linesman Pat Dapuzzo reveals life after his horrific injury, Ian Penny resignation watch, NHL’s most underrated player, Monster win for the Leafs and Gustavsson, Status of the Coyotes.
Just a reminder that the guys will be posting their interview with Theo Fleury tomorrow on the IC radio show (from 7pm-9pm cst) which they conducted live on The Great Canadian Talk Show on KICK FM today. To read more about IC Radio, or listen to past shows/interviews, click here.
For all the latest NHL news be sure to follow IC on Twitter.
And now for word from around the blogs:
- Maple Leafs Hot Stove: Off the schneid. The account from the game is that the Monster played great, which is good news for the Leafs.
- Tips for Hockey: Leafs having trouble despite win. Are Eric’s assessments of the Leafs troubles accurate?
- All Habs: A few words about Andrei Kostitsyun. Looks like guilt by association.
- Sens Town: Sens prospect Erik Karlsson has been sent to the Binghamton Senators of the AHL. It appears that this will be best for his development at the pro level. This way he can play 1st pairing minutes.
- Ice Man: Thrashers by the numbers. Things are looking very good in Atlanta.
- Brawling for Brotherly Love: Flyers wrap. Is Mike Richards in need of an attitude adjustment?
- Rink Rap: The secret about Enver Lisin. I guess the secret would have to come out eventually. Sounds like a very good character guy for the Rangers.
- Snapshots: Selling Chris Chelios as a viable NHL’er. I thought he looked ok in the games I watched live. Of course he was reduced to playing 11 minutes a game.
- Defending Big D: Stars for sale? Team owner Hicks seems to have shot this down but perhaps where there is smoke, there is fire.
- Nucks Misconduct: 5 reasons for the Canucks slow start. Solid post. All points are valid. Expect the Canucks to get rolling soon.
- Hockey Analysis: Status of the Coyotes. For all the excellent play on the ice, with fans not showing up, expect a big hit in terms of revenue sharing.
- Hockey Wilderness: Meet Taylor Hall. That has to suck. Not even November and already talking about the #1 pick in next year’s draft.
- NHL Fanhouse: For first time, NHL linesman Pat Dapuzzo reveals anguish, depression after Steve Downie’s skate severed his face. Extremely good read. If you read any links tonight, read what his life was like after the accident.
- The Hockey News: NHL’s most underrated player. Seems like a worthwhile candidate. Who would you nominate for the most underrated player in the NHL?
- Down Goes Brown: The definitive guide to the Wendal Clark “All Heart” video. Amazing analysis of the video. If you’re a fan of Clarks then your going to want to watch the video and read his thoughts.
- Hitting the Post: From bad to worse. As I said the other day, I’m not a big believer in getting a pass because you’ve never done something like that before. If your intent is clear, then the consequences your actions merit should be suffered and not avoided due to a previously clean record.
- Greatest Hockey Legends: Changing OT for the better. I’m going to have to politely disagree with Joe on this one. I don’t mind the 4 on 4. What do IC readers think?
- Hockey or Die: Ian Penny resignation watch. Problem with technology is if you don’t understand how to use it properly, it can bite you in the ass. Hitting “reply all” and including a 2nd memo in an email are two clear examples of same.
Just came across this on Andrew’s Dallas Stars Message Board. It appears a Leafs fan has had enough and put his allegiance to the Leafs up for sale. It was purchased by a Stars fan (who wrote about his purchase here), so the guy has now converted to being a fan of Dallas. Ironically one of the bids was $19.67. ha.
If you have an interesting blog or blog post, please let me know; firstname.lastname@example.org.