Nightly Hockey Hits: Moustaches can save your face, Chiarelli continues Boston shake-up, couple of disgruntled players off to Russia, Savard to Leafs as UFA?
Word from across the blogs:
- Slap Shot: Rangers’ Dubinsky on U.S. Olympics teams radar. He would look good in a Team USA jersey.
- All Habs: Sergei Kostitsyn suspended by Habs after leaving Bulldogs. Looks like he’s going back to the USSR.
- T.O. Sports: Brain Burke, Is he selling Leaf Nation short? Just doesn’t make sense to have thought that even “re-tooled” this team could compete with the Pens & Caps.
- Hockey Capital: Zubov off to Russia. Seems to be the popular place to head if you aren’t pleased with your lot in life.
- Capitals Insider: Nylander to Grand Rapids. Looking for a call up to the Wings? Kidding.
- NHL Fanhouse: Cam Ward: The best goalie hardly anyone knows. Love that he writes “have fun” on his sticks. Words to live by.
- Flames Insider: League’s busiest scorers, scrappers. Just gotta clean up that 2nd period stat.
- Lowetide: Perfect. Will Gagner be able to replace Horcoff in that role?
- Fifth Feather: Hawks talking points. Some other topics to focus on rather than the standard.
- The Hockey News: Awarding Koivu captaincy gives Wild some direction. Seems like he is very well liked by his teammates. If only I could understand his Finnish blog.
- Puck U: Moustache saves White’s face. And all this time I’ve been told it ruins your face. Funny post.
- Brodeur is a Fraud: Win thresholds for Cup finalists. Always interesting numbers from BIAF.
- From the Rink: How NHL players have grown up. Height isn’t always a blessing. If you are above 6’5″, then chances are you aren’t likely to be in the top 10 of NHL scoring.
- Spector’s Hockey: Red Wings rumours. Wings won’t be looking for any quick fixes.
- NHL Rumours: Savard to Leafs as UFA?, Chiarelli continues Boston shake-up. Is Toronto the newest spot where former Bruins go to play?
If you have an interesting blog or blog post, please let me know; firstname.lastname@example.org.
It’s almost enough to make you want to cheer for Selanne and Team Finland (almost):