Nightly Hockey Hits: Top Ten Don Cherry quotes, Leafs coach Wilson frustrated at not getting through to his players, Tortorella blames goalie for bad Rangers loss, Will NHL choose bottom line over National Pride?
Some news and notes from across the blogs:
- Puck Update: McLellan manages the heck out of Heatley. Was it a risky move to put Heatley on the 2nd power play line? I’m not sure. Such a move couldn’t prompt a request for a trade could it? He looked very good last night against the Rangers.
- Ice Chips: Coyotes buying into the system. We knew this young team was talented but head coach Dave Tippet sure seems to have them playing at an elite level.
- Five for Fighting: Ott in Wednesday, Richards possible. Injuries to Modano and Lehtinen mean the Stars need Ott and Richards back as soon as possible.
- The Battle of Alberta: Potpourri for 5-2-1, Alex. Good move not proclaiming McGratton the next Cam Neely. I like the wait and see approach. Is the Northwest the new Southwest division?
- Tips for Hockey: Reasons Canucks shouldn’t worry. Eric makes some good points on why its too early to panic in Vancouver.
- Nucks Misconduct: When are the Canucks going to start scoring? Looks like the list of scorers on Vancouver is too top heavy and its time for those guys in the middle and bottom to step up their games.
- Maple Leafs Hot Stove: Some insight on a nightmare start. Interesting insight from an “inside source” into the problems in Toronto.
- Die by the Blade: Decision on Myers coming soon. It will be very difficult to send him down the way he is playing.
- Lions in Winter: A new start for the Habs power play. They could use the kick start.
- The Bruins Blog: Bruins acquired Daniel Paille from Buffalo for penalty kill. They need to do whatever they can to get back on track.
- Globe on Hockey: Legein gets fresh start in Philly. Always enjoy reading Eric Duhatschek’s perspective. He can turn what you think was a relatively minor move and make it seem like it was a major trade.
- Bleacher Report: Tortorella blames goalie for bad Rangers loss. I didn’t turn on the game till the 3rd but was he solely responsible for New York giving up 7 straight goals.
- NHL Fanhouse: Will NHL choose bottom line over National Pride? In a word; no. I think it will be used as a bargaining chip since it is apparent that the NHLPA wants its players to play in the games.
- A View from the Cheap Seats: Time to rise, time to fall. While it is still early there are quite a few surprises already this young 2009/10 season.
- Puck Daddy: Q & A with Russian Olympic GM Vladislav Tretiak about Vancouver games, NHL/KHL relations and Blackhawks. I loved that he answered that his most important job right now is the Olympics and not his responsibilities as a member of Russia’s parliament.
- The Hockey News: Zombie wants a return to a gritty game. All I can think of when I see Rob Zombie is the song “more human than a human”, but his argument has merit and perhaps that style would be good to return to.
- Hockey Draft: Chelios moves to rebuild broken players union. This is going to be a monumental task.
- Greatest Hockey Legends: Top 10 Don Cherry quotes. Some beauties on this list but my favourite is #2 on his feelings towards Ron MacLean’s puns.
If you have an interesting blog or blog post, please let me know; email@example.com.