Nightly Hockey Hits: Wild to name captain Tuesday, Bruins are excited about the lotto, Why the Flames should honour Al MacInnis, Nagging injuries mount for Carolina, Isles or Leafs – who wins first?
News from around the blogs:
- Russo’s Rants: Captain to be named on Tuesday. Will it be Koivu or Bruno? Guess we will have to wait one more day to find out.
- Black Dog Hates Skunks: Dustin Penner’s surprise play. A bit of a long story (albeit interesting) before you get to the meat and potatos of his article but it seems like for whatever reason, Penner’s bringing it this season.
- Flames Insider: Why Flames should honour MacInnis. His slapshot alone is reason enough. No question the Flames are making a mistake not hanging his jersey from the rafters.
- Mile High Hockey: A little rain on the parade. Interesting that they were at pretty much the same spot last season, and while I agree that they should not be buying playoff tickets just yet, the way Anderson is playing, who knows.
- The Triple Deke: Looking at the Wings slow start. Team still has a lot of new faces to get used to, but the standings should look differently in a month’s time.
- Working the Corners: News from a sitdown with NHL brass: DirecTV-Versus update, league revenues are up and more. Interesting insight and also interesting was leaving the door open for Balsillie.
- Defending Big D: Goaltender controversy in Dallas? Not anytime soon. This is a problem most teams wished they had.
- T.O. Sports: Maple Leafs could use help. I think most importantly is that Leafs nation reduce expectations of a Cup parade and buy into Burke’s system for the next few years.
- The Hockey News: Towering Tyler Myers quickly catching on to NHL game. With the exception to the mistake he made against Maxim Afinogenov, he has looked very solid.
- Four Habs Fans: Missing Kovy. That entire video makes me think of Borat. Can anyone translate?
- Hub Hockey: B’s/Mass State Lottery announce Bruins scratch ticket. While I will continue for the 200 million dollar powerball, winning Bruins tickets is kind of a cool lotto idea. Looks like the Bruins will have two successful lotto ventures this season.
- PensBurgh: Max Talbot practices, world shakes in anticipation. What’s the hurry? He is only really needed for his playoff prowess.
- Okposo Net: Focusing on the positives. All good points and since nobody expected the Islanders to be playoff bound this season, it is more important to focus on the smaller achievements.
- Canes Country: Nagging injuries mount for Carolina. Looks like fans in Carolina want Staal to only play once he is 100% healthy to practice.
- The Litter Box: Feaster’s Lightning “not interested” in Tomas Vokoun. He does have a tendancy to give up some weak goals.
- NHL Fanhouse: Teams without a win. Adam Gretz and Bruce Ciskie talk about the two teams without a win (the New York Islanders and Toronto Maple Leafs) and end up focusing on what’s wrong with the Leafs?
- Puck Daddy: Puck Daddy in Vegas: 21 observations about hockey, gambling, new media journalism and Blogs With Balls 2.0. Very interesting stuff, but where was my invite. I am always happy to get to Vegas.
- NHL Rumours: Monday NHL Rumour Notebook: Leafs haven’t contacted Shanahan, Kovalchuk update. Sounds good for folks in Atlanta.