Nightly Hockey Hits: Report claims Isles arena project abandoned, Teams that are bound to get better/worse, Cam Ward makes save of the year, Are the Red Wings in trouble?
Some news and notes covering the latest hockey news from across the blogs:
- Globe on Hockey: Are the Red Wings in trouble? When the Wings struggle, it seems like fans all across North America (except those in Michigan) seem to cheer, but I think that this team still has the talent to have a lot of success in the Central division.
- St. Louis Game Time: Who is the best Blues player so far? Looks like fans are torn between Tkachuk and McDonald.
- Puck Rakers: No one player replaces Hejda. The Jackets are going to need a collective effort if they want to maintain their position in the Central.
- The Hockey News: Colorado Avalanche defy expectations with winning record out of the gate. Fans in Denver are happy with the unexpected play of both NHL & NFL football teams in the city. Can it last?
- Canucks Hockey Blog: Samuelsson flying under the radar. I wasn’t big on Samuelsson on the Wings. I thought he tended to float but perhaps he is thriving on the West coast.
- NHL Fanhouse: Evander Kane is a virtual lock to stick in the NHL. This kid has added 30 lbs of muscle in a year and sure looks like he belongs in the NHL.
- The Rat Trick: From depressed to delighted. A little vengence on former Panther Jay Bouwmeester.
- Puck Daddy: Report claims Isles arena project abandoned. This is crazy. Owner Charles Wang has done as much as he can to get a new arena built on the Island and one has to wonder if this means he is now looking towards K.C. for the Isles? Stay tuned as this develops.
- In Lou We Trust: Much ado about the Devils fourth line. No surprise that the Devils are playing the way many expected them to at the beginning of the season.
- Japers’ Rink: Three and out? If only every game could be like the 1st period.
- Maple Leafs Hot Stove: Should Schenn sit? Can he get back to form?
- Four Habs Fans: All Big Georges Laraque time. This entire “controversy” is overblown. The only people benefiting is the company that is getting all this free advertising.
- Greatest Hockey Legend: Meet Steve Peters: The kid drafted ahead of Gretzky. How must that weigh on the kid as he tries to match the exploits of Wayne G.
- Behind the Net: The Leaf’s PK: Does it suck this much? Sure does.
- Icethetics: Habs centennial jerseys. Love those last two jerseys. Can’t wait to see them.
- Stayclassy: A goaltending solution for the Flyers, Red Wings, Capitals or Blackhawks. Is it time to get ‘Giggy’?
- Hockey or Die: Teams that are bound to get better/worse. I think the Wild are going to pick it up.
Cam Ward makes save of the Year, wow:
Apparently this site, Cake Wrecks, gets 100,000 hits per day and has 1,000,000 Twitter followers. They even make hockey cakes. Does this look like a disaster to you?