Nightly Hockey Hits: Tretiak named Russian Olympic GM, Avalanche are rolling, situation adjusted save percentage, long road back or end of journey as Chelios joins AHL’s Wolves.
Some news and notes covering the latest hockey news from across the blogs:
- SenSay: Cheech makes his move. With top line minutes, should be interesting to see how he responds.
- All Habs: Quick look at the Habs new monument. That’s a lot of history.
- The Hockey News: The homestand is about to begin. Let’s hope it goes better than the Western roadtrip.
- Maple Leafs Hot Stove: Keeping tabs on the kids. Wrap up of the mini Leafs.
- Thrashers: No slow start for Kovalchuk. As he goes, so do the Thrashers.
- Japers’ Rink: Some numbers behind the numbers. That top line has to start backchecking.
- Working the Corners: Heatley named #1 star and thoughts from his father. His dad drops some cliche lines but the Heatley move is really looking good for the Sharks.
- Hockey or Die: The Edmonton Oilers and their vaunted defensive depth. Harsh critique of the Oilers lack of depth. Warrented?
- Nucks Misconduct: All hail Henrik. With twin brother Daniel out, Henrik is going to have to play for both of them. Good news that he thinks he might be out only 3 weeks, instead of the 4-6 previously reported.
- Mile High Hockey: 5 games in. Looking at the positive and negatives for the Avs.
- Brodeur is a Fraud: Situation adjusted save percentage. Once again, very good analysis. In breaking down the numbers, this blog always does an excellent job.
- Behind the Net: Giveaways and takeaways. I find it interesting how different arenas completely differ in what they define as a giveaway or takeaway.
- Puck Daddy: Chelios in the AHL; Long road back or end of journey? I still thought he had some life left in his legs from the games I saw at the Joe last season.
- Hockey Analysis: The best team, a little money can buy. Pretty good team considering its close to the salary floor.
- NHL Fanhouse: Early season reactions. Good back and forth between Chris Botta and Kevin Schultz as they discuss some of the stories.
- Greatest Hockey Legends: Tretiak named Russian Olympic GM. Bet he could still handle the duties between the pipes.
- From the Rink: The reality of a return to Quebec City. Has enough changed to allow for this or is this just a pipe dream?
Another great video from Bloge Salming: