Nightly Hockey Hits: Early encouraging and discouraging signs, worst team money can buy, Wings Franzen out 4 months with torn ACL, the overblown Savard myth, will Lucic live up to his contract?
Some news and notes covering the latest hockey news from across the blogs:
- The Hockey News: Early encouraging and discouraging signs. Always nice to see that scoring is up.
- Hockey Analysis: Worst team money can buy. How do you feel if you see your players on this “worst team”.
- Behind the Net: Frequently asked questions about Statistical Analysis in the NHL. Very informative list if you have any question regarding analysis.
- The Bruins Blog: In search of consistency. This team is too talented and too well coached to keep having these up and down games.
- From the Rink: Will Lucic live up to his contract? They certainly didn’t retain him for his point production.
- Lions in Winter: Doing it on the cheap, is Bergeron an acceptable solution? The author doesn’t think so!
- T.O. Sports: One Leaf forward who could finally prove he belongs. Considering his career high is 16, 3 already is pretty, pretty, pretty good.
- Maple Leafs Hot Stove: The overblown Savard myth. Some interesting video and statistical analysis.
- Sens Chirp: Carkner steals the show. Good news for the Sens is that role players are stepping up while the big guns are still waiting to get their game going.
- Hockey Capital: Pascal Leclaire answers your questions. Good Q & A.
- Islanders Outsider: Some thoughts following the game. Tavares is making them giddy on the Island.
- Bleacher Report: Gab your hankies: Marian Gaborik, Henrik Lundqvist lead Rangers out of the gate. Exactly the two players the Rangers need to take control of this team.
- In Lou We Trust: In recent seasons, the New Jersey Devils tend to struggle without Patrik Elias. Sure would seem to be the case. Very in-depth analysis.
- Empty Netters: No discipline on Hartnell. They need to take Letang to a party full of dentists.
- Thrashers: Are shots on goal a cause for concern? Anytime you spend that much time in your zone, it isn’t a good thing, and while they may be 2-0, if this trend continues it won’t be good news for Atlanta.
- Capitals Insider: Boudreau: ‘Maybe We Got Complacent’. The players not following his system is not going to leave Coach Boudreau very pleased.
- Lightning Strikes: Growing pains yes, but the Lightning have the foundation to be a competitive team. As the Richard said when he saw them in Winnipeg, this team has some solid character and if the backend is solid, could do well this season.
- Cult of Hockey: And what will Pat Quinn think about all this? He might be a bit too old school to appreciate all those naked Oilers.
- Ms. Conduct: Dirt for dirt. Wild fans remember what Souray did to Craig Weller last season and feel whats goes around, comes around after last night’s Iginla trip of Souray.
- Hockey Jackass: Flames undefeated. Should be a good game against Dallas tonight.
- Andrew’s Dallas Stars Page: James Neal looks determined not to be slowed by the so-called sophomore slump. With his 3 goals so far he is looking like he might be able to avoid it.
- NHL Fanhouse: Johan Franzen suffers torn ACL. That’s not going to be good for business. He was supposed to be the big gun this year and his loss is going to really hurt the Wings for the next 4 months.
- Working the Corners: A plus-6 night for Heatley. Monster night from Dany Heatley has Sharks fan buzzing.
- Canucks Hockey: Caption this; Canucks win, Habs fan mad. Head on down to their site and add your 2 cents.
- Mile High Hockey: They are who we thought they were, statistically speaking. 64 pages of Stats analysis to get through but lucky for you that Mike breaks it down into easily manageable parts.