Nightly Hockey Hits: Heatley no longer has a no-trade clause, Cupholders rubbing some the wrong way, Looking at top teams methods of spending cap space, Is Calgary a better sports town than Edmonton?
Some news and notes covering the latest hockey news from across the blogs:
- Spike TV: The top 10 teams with the most annoying fans. Only 2 hockey teams made the list, and both are from Canada.
- From the Rink: How the top teams spend their cap space. In hockey, much like in life, the top tier is still making the biggest percentage.
- Hockey or Die: Corsi Rating vs. Scoring Chances. Whether you agree with it or not, understand it or not, guys sure put a lot of time into researching the stuff. Question for IC readers; do you pay attention to stuff like Corsi ratings?
- Puck Daddy: How Cap Geek turned salary pains into puckhead amusement. I can attest that the site is a fantastic resource.
- The Hockey News: No-trades, no class and nonsense. Interested to read about the nullification of Heatley’s no trade aspect of his contract. Can Blues fan expect Rush Limbaugh to start showing up to games now that he is prepared to buy into the St. Louis Rams with current Blues owner Dave Checketts.
- NHL Fanhouse: Penguins vs. Flyers has the ending you would expect: Chaos. Even teeth were used in the battle of Pennsylvania.
- Maple Leafs Hot Stove: Tempering tampering and tending. Lots of good new Leafs sites, like the one seen below.
- Sens Chirp: Senators open big homestand against Isles. Sounds like Pascal Leclaire is finding his form in Ottawa.
- Habs Inside/Out: “Old-school bag skate”: Cammalleri. Coach Martin put the players through a rough practice in reaction to the 7-1 loss.
- SNY Rangersblog: Lundqvist to get 4th straight start. This guy is a horse and it sounds like he loves getting this much action.
- The Bruins Blog: Lucic wrap up. Are contracts like Lucic’s an indication that players are saving up for a rainy day (i.e. Lockout)?
- Lightning Strikes: Norfolk Admirals sign Mark Parrish. Hopefully his career gets rekindled with the Bolts.
- Thrashers 411: Milestone watch. Will Atlanta captain Ilya Kovalchuk achieve it tonight?
- Ducks Blog: Cupholders rubbing some the wrong way. Not an article about the Pens, but literally about the placement of cupholders for beverages.
- Cult of Hockey: Calgary beats Edmonton . . . on list of North America’s best sports cities. Guess it isn’t based on success in sports. Stanley Cups won; Edmonton 5, Calgary 1. Grey Cups won; Edmonton – 13, Calgary – 6.
- NHL Fanhouse: Backchecking with Alex Burrows. Good Q & A with the speedy Canucks winger.
- Icing: Chelios to play in Chicago. Unfortunately for the veteran it is looking like he will be signing with the Chicago Wolves as he waits word from an NHL team.
- Morning Skate: Brewer is making solid progress. Considering where he was, his progress is quite surprising.
- Defending Big D: Alex Auld to possibly start. One of the things the Stars need to be successful, is strong play from Turco.
- Jibblescribbits: Road trip worries. As long as Anderson is healthy and ready to go, that should calm some of those fears.
- Puck Update: Sykora showing value of veterans. A very good signing by the Wild.
- Broduer is a Fraud: The underrated Alan Bester. Just his luck that he is defined by that Momesso goal (oh how Jets fans hated Momesso) instead of his pretty decent numbers.
Bloge Salming brings us this pretty funny jib jab style Leafs chatter.