Nightly Hockey Hits: League rules on Leafs tampering charge, Sharks working on own zone play, 11 teams increased ticket prices this season, Why are Fans prematurely freaking out?
Some news and notes covering the latest hockey news from across the blogs:
- Hitting the Post: Surrealism at the X. What a weekend of sport in Minneapolis.
- NHL Fanhouse: George Parros kisses the proverbial canvas, launching Wild comeback. Who says fighting has no place in the game?
- The Hockey News: Quinn believes same effort, better execution will lead Oilers past Flames. Flames are looking tough to beat.
- All things Avs: Anderson to start Thursday. Good news for Avs fans.
- Working the Corners: Sharks work to correct problems in their own zone — and look for McGinn in lineup against Columbus. No time to panic in San Jose.
- Morning Skate: Blues coaching staff points out the negatives in wins over Detroit. These guys could very well be the surprise team of the West.
- Red Wings Central: Williams meshes with his Finnish linemates. Leino is the lone bright spot early in this season for the Wings.
- All Habs: Price calm in the centre of storm. The Habs need him to have any hope of success this season.
- Maple Leafs Hot Stove: Leafs big mouths? Looks like Ron Wilson got hit for opening his yapper while Burke got off. Here is the official statement from the league.
- SenSay: A game only a fan could love. It was easier for people who weren’t fans of these teams to have interest when they were more relevant.
- Lighthouse Hockey: Schremp to get Islanders debut, Tambellini out? Bet Oilers fans are eager to see how Schremp does in his debut.
- Japers’ Rink: Between the ears, between the pipes. Gotta stop all those quick succession goals.
- Puck Daddy: In this economy? Report says 11 teams jacked up ticket prices. Seems a long way off since we had row 4 seats for $50 a ticket.
- The Hockey News: Anxious fans express concern during opening week of NHL’s regular season. It’s a long season, no need to panic just yet.
From the “Is there anything he can’t do” vault Alex Ovechkin gets his “kick” on at Redskins practice: