Nightly Hockey Hits: Flyers fans do not like Devils fans, Nothing physical with Lucic, Where do the Coyotes go from here? Where in the Saddledome is Jarome Iginla?
Some news and notes from across the blogs:
- Ice Man: When remembering Dan Snyder, don’t forget his parents. Always important to remember.
- Frozen Leafs: Is Vesa Toskala the new Frank Thomas in Toronto? Is it Monster time in Toronto?
- Hockey Capital: Senators may face the Monster. No time to panic in the nations capital.
- Sportress of Blogitude: It’s always bloody in Philadelphia. Have to give this guy credit. He manages to sock the Devils fan in the kisser without spilling his beer.
- The Bruins Blog: Nothing physical with Lucic. Good cause I have him in my hockey pool.
- Habs Inside/Out: Metropolit not skating. Hope that injury isn’t too serious.
- Pens Universe: Happy 44th Mario. In celebration of Super Mario’s birthday they bring you his top 10 goals.
- Flames Insider: Where in the world is Jarome Iginla? Unlike Waldo, you won’t have to search for Iggy.
- The Cult of Hockey: The Heatley trade analyzer. Should be enjoyable for Oilers fans.
- Globe on Hockey: Luongo’s gauntlet. Expect a quick turnaround.
- Hockey Wilderness: Wild to open the Xcel to fans who want to watch the Twins/Tigers game. I’m conflicted. Love the Twins. Could see Tiger Playoff baseball.
- NHL Fanhouse: Craig Anderson’s impressive start. Which has prompted some Avs fans to get very excited with a touch of pragmatism about the current standings in the West.
- Winging it in Mowtown: Sweden – the good, the bad, the ugly. Aside from the P.R. it was all ugggglyyyy.
- St. Louis Game Time: Andy Murray chatting with fans from Sweden. Have always liked him. Good egg.
- The Fifth Feather: Holding our horses. All is not lost in Chi-town.
- Puck Rakers: Commodore still hurting. Pretty nice that GM Howson is giving Dan Fritsche the opportunity to play for the AHL squad as he tries to make the NHL.
- Working the Corners: Pavelski out at least a couple weeks with a lower body injury after blocking puck with left leg. Hopefully he isn’t out too long.
- Spector: Where do the Coyotes go from here. Commissioner Bettman sure seems prepared to stick to his vision, regardless of whether its right or wrong.
- Brodeur is a Fraud: Winning means the rest don’t count. Interesting how our minds seem to only remember the good times. Good breakdown of the numbers.
Best pass of the Night – Devils Clarkson to Zajac: