Nightly Hockey Hits: Top 10 Under the Gun Goalies, Leafs goalie controversy, Oilers faceoff plan, Winnipeg Thrashers?
Some news and notes from across the blogs:
- The Hockey News: Under the gun goalies. Can’t disagree with that list.
- Four Habs Fans: Don’t start planning the parade just yet. Probably a good idea to hold off on the parade planning.
- Greatest Hockey Legends: Sunday funnies. Some very interesting tidbits.
- Frozen Leafs: Game two leaves Leafs with question mark in goal already. What would the season be without a goaltending controversy two games in?
- Maple Leafs Hot Stove: Weekend bits. For the latest Leafs news.
- Hitting the Post: Some notes from last night’s Wild game. Are they missing the 1-2-2 of Lemaire?
- SenSay: Cheech for the top? Have to agree that he won’t have success from the 3rd line.
- NHL Fanhouse: Nikolai Khabibulin’s costly turnover.
- Hockey or Die: Edmonton Oilers faceoff plan. Some of those offensive players are going to have to learn to play in their defensive zone.
- Working the Corners: Sharks’ victory over Anaheim shows the roller-coaster going full speed right from the get-go. What’s the point of playing pre season if you can’t be prepared for your 1st game?
- Capitals Insider: Ovechkin’s mom, Leonsis talk Olympics. Looks like the majority favour the player’s position on this one.
- Five for Fighting: Modano out? Who would spear Mike Modano? Should be tarred and feathered.
- Ice Man: Good start to the Thrashers 10th season. How good did Evander Kane look!! Speaking of those Thrashers, Al Strachan had an interesting nugget on the CBC Satellite Hotstove last night;
- Flyers Goal Scored By: Lappy jersey on its way. He brings an excellent energy to the team.
- Fire & Ice: Lemaire disciplines Peters. He’s an old school coach so you gotta expect harsh consequences if you do something he doesn’t like.
- New York Rangers Blog: Torts talks seventh defenceman and Drury. Tortorella is a reporters dream. Doesn’t have a filter.
- Dobber Hockey: Top defenseman prospects. Good list.