Nightly Hockey Hits: Magnus Paajarvi-Svensson shows off skills, Georges Laraque plays street hockey vs. Octane Girls, Forsberg is going to Denver but not to play, Is there a conflict of interest in Kings news coverage?
Some news and notes from across the blogs:
- NHL Fanhouse: A Who’s Who of potential bench bosses. One name that was noticeably absent was former Sabres coach and current V.P. for the Rochester Americans Ted Nolan.
- The Hockey News: Rumour roundup, Beantown banter. Some interesting chatter.
- All things Avs: Forsberg is coming to Denver (but not to play). Nice to see him support Joe Sakic. Unfortunate news about his foot. I could still see a team taking a chance on him.
- Cult of Hockey: The thrilling talent of Magnus Paajarvi-Svensson. Sweet shot, nice goal.
- Inside the Kings: Wayne Simmonds steps up. L.A.’s forwards look pretty good this season.
- Puck Daddy: LA Kings changing way hockey’s covered or controlling the news? Hammond is a very good writer so I’d guess that he will be able to maintain his journalistic integrity.
- Nucks Misconduct: What to do with Hodgson. Anyone have any thoughts as to what is going to happen with the young 19 year old?
- Tom Benjamin: Salary cap silliness. A good read on problems that can occur with the cap.
- Puck Rakers: Blue Jackets acquire Anton Stralman from Flames. Columbus didn’t have to give up much to get the young defenceman.
Habs Inside/Out: BGL vs. Octane girls. For the 2nd night in a row Georges Laraque makes NHH, this time as he sells Octane power drinks. I’m pretty sure in all my years of street hockey, I’ve never been involved in a game that looks like that.
- Ice Man: No matter where Evander Kane plays it won’t be the right place. The NHL really needs to figure out how to get players into the AHL instead of team’s being forced to send players back to junior.
- Fire & Ice: Lemaire on 1-2-2 trap, “Its not the game I want to play”. Interesting to hear from Lemaire but might old habits die hard?
- Empty Netters: The Pens giant screen is back. I like to see the Pens fans celebrating the final home opener at Mellon Arena as if its a playoff game.
- On Frozen Blog: Convention snapsshots. As Rusty indicated in Afternoon Delight today, the Caps are way ahead of the game and here are some pics from the convention.
- Maple Leafs Hot Stove: Standing room only. Very good article about what it means to truly be a fan.
- Down Goes Brown: Does Google know something about the Leafs starting goalie situation? Funny as per usual.
- Lions in Winter: Bad attitudes, bad habits, Sergei Kostitsyn not alone. Hopefully time in AHL will fix that up.
Photo of the Night (Fleury says goodbye):