Nightly Hockey Hits: Flyers faithful already planning Cup parade, Judge T. Baum calls for emergency hearing, Is Crosby better than Ovechkin? Canucks are perfect in pre-season but is this a bad thing?
News and notes from across the blogs:
- Hockey or Die: A Stanley Cup ring doesn’t make Crosby better than Ovechkin. Brophy’s list is taking some big hits.
- Five Hole Fanatics: Cliches are not just for talking heads or casual fans. A response to former Lightning GM Jay Feaster’s article in yesterday’s Hockey News panning the Sharks for making the Heatley trade.
- T.O. Sports: Judge T. Baum still confused, emergency hearing called Wednesday. Let the circus continue.
- NHL Fanhouse: Coyotes focus despite unknown future. They have no choice but to play hard, despite the uncertainty surrounding the team. Shades of Winnipeg circa 1995.
- The Spin: A not so great end for Gretzky. News of his demise in the desert may be a tad premature but 10 days on, the vultures are circling.
- Habs Eyes on the Prize: The good, bad and ugly of the Habs preseason. Looks like mad scientist, Bob Gainey’s experiment is working so far.
- Capitals Insider: Semin expected to be fine. Good news for the Caps as they need him to be healthy if they hope to compete with the East’s elite teams.
- Melt your Face Off: Should Jose Theodore be worried about his job security? Funny read.
- The Bruins Blog: Ference’s health the only question on defense. The Bruins will be back fighting for top spot in the East. And they still are cranking out some good commercials.
- Hockey Rodent: Does high octane also mean high risk? Works well for first couple of periods but for the critical 3rd, will they have enough to sustain themselves?
- Maple Leafs Hot Stove: Growing pains for the Leafs. Things are looking up in Toronto.
- Broad Street Hockey: Expectations of the upcoming Flyers seasons. It appears that Flyers fans are buying into the hype as the majority of those polled said they should be planning a parade when asked about this upcoming season.
- Canucks Army: So far, so perfect. So what? Good to keep an edge. The Lightning went 5/6 last pre season and remember where they ended up.
- Winging it in Mowtown: Wings players with the most on the line. I’m surprised that Derek Meech didn’t make this list.
- Battle of California: The battle for the final spot on the Kings defense. The Kings finally have some depth. Now they just need to determine who their #1 netminder will be.
- All things Avs: Tom Preissing out 4-6 weeks. It is too bad but the Avs aren’t going to be in a playoff hunt so he can come back in November and contribute then.
- Puck Daddy: Whatever happened to the NHL’s investigation into long term contract. Love that non-committal response from Daly.
- icethetics: Teams that have come and gone in the minor leagues. Who knew that the AHL & ECHL teams were so volatile.