Nightly Hockey Hits: It’s the Phil Kessel show, Rangers sign Dubinsky, Which retired players should return to the NHL, if any?
Word from across the blogs:
- The Hockey News: Players who should return to the NHL. Some really good names on this list. I’d like to see Sundin return and give it one last kick at the can, Brett Favre style. Although having seen Lemieux (Claude not Mario) in his return perhaps retirement isn’t such a bad thing.
- Down Goes Brown: Point/counterpoint: The Phil Kessel trade. Funny as per usual.
- Maple Leafs Hot Stove: How the Kessel deal went down. Interesting to see the progression of the trade.
- Crash the Crease: Why the Kessel trade makes sense. Good points for both sides.
- The Bruins Blog: Phil wanted out. Interesting revelations coming out now.
- Habs Inside/Out: Kovy speaks. And the Montreal crowd is ready to hear everything he has to say, even if it isn’t much.
- Puck Daddy: Rangers, Dubinsky end stressful stalemate with 2-year deal. This deal had to get done for both parties.
- Bird Watchers Anonymous: Does Vegas know something about the Thrashers that others don’t. When it comes to gambling I defer to Ari.
- Russo’s Rants: Havlat, Sykora to debut Sunday; Wild lineup for Chicago exhibition; Sources: Six on waivers. I’m sure Wild fans are eager to see Havlat.
- Working the Corners: Heatley will be playing tonight as the Sharks try to rebound against Phoenix. Should be a good to watch him play with Thornton.