Nightly Hockey Hits: Why Evander Kane Should Play in the NHL, Coyotes fail to draw a crowd, Ever wonder how GM’s make a trade?
I’m currently at the Wings/Flyers game (more later) but still found some time to bring you news and notes from across the blogs:
- Bird Watchers Anonymous: Why Evander Kane Should Play in the NHL in 2009 – 2010. Should be an interesting first 10 games in the NHL for young Kane.
- Hit the Post: Theo Fleury to play Thursday? Is this legit or is he just being used to garner interest?
- The Third Intermission: First Wild cuts bring no surprises. If you are interested in seeing the Wild practice, be sure to check out the video posted by IC’s Rusty.
- The Bruins Blog: A perfect day for Canadian hype as Boston heads to Toronto. Would Kessel to the Wild be a better fit than on the Leafs?
- Maple Leafs Hot Stove: Kessel is waiting it out. Sounds like while the Leafs are at the forefront for Kessel’s services there are still a number of team’s involved in the race.
- On Frozen Blog: On Being Young, a Longshot, Unknown, and Taught by a Jack Adams Winner. Bruce Boudreau seems like a really good coach and it will be interesting to see how the Caps do this season.
- Slap Shot: Rangers vs. Dubinsky. I’m surprised at how vocale the Rangers brass are being. Negotiating through the press is an interesting tactic.
- NHL Fanhouse: Penguins GM Ray Shero details the ins and outs of the Guerin trade. Very interesting, inside stuff.
- Working the Corners: Bridging the gap from one season to the next, more from Todd McLellan. Will the Ducks continue to give the Sharks fits this season?
- The Hockey News: Young Coyotes prospects need Gretzky in camp. The question I have is who is keeping him from camp? Is it the Coyotes or has he choosen not to attend? Because there is no question that he could help the young prospects with their development.
- Hockey Analysis: In fact game attendance wasn’t even listed. When they can count the number of fans in the 100′s, that isn’t ever going to be good for business.
- Puck Daddy: Coyotes draw flies to exhibition game. Can you expect fans to show support when it looks like the team is as good as gone?
- T.O. Sports: Want to win your hockey pool? Hockey pools are usually won in the mid rounds so here is a resource that could help you do just that.