On the Beat: Zach Parise almost goes yard at Metrodome, Habs #1 draft choice going back to school, Learn more about Marleau and his No Trade Clause.
Word from the Beat Writers:
- It appears that New Jersey Devils Zach Parise could easily make a good transition to baseball as he almost went deep during Twins batting practice.
- Dispatch columnist Michael Arace weighs in on current Blue Jackets winger Nikita Filatov and former Blue Jackets center Mike Sillinger.
- Looks like the Habs #1 draft choice is heading back to school.
- David Staples over at The Cult of Hockey explains that the NHL and USA Hockey are blocking Hudler moving to Moscow Dynamo.
- Learn more from David Pollak of Working the Corners who explains more about Marleau and his No Trade Clause as well as more about Nabakov.
- Chip Alexander of The News & Observer with Aaron Ward’s impression of his new/old team. It appears that Anton Babchuk also got a new agent so perhaps that will help in the negotiations with the Hurricanes.
- Good news for Capitals fans as David Steckel is back to 100% and is ready to go says Tarik El-Bashir.
- Damien Cox over at The Spin details the position of the NHL over the Coyotes situation.
- Tampa Bay Lightning sets rosters for charity game in honor of slain police officer.