Hockey Hits: Is the NHL going too far to prevent Balsillie from joining the party?
Some news and notes from around the blogs:
- The Hockey News: Thrashers GM Waddell’s record not as bad as advertised. There are some pretty bad GM’s out there. Is Waddell really the worst? Thrashers not making the playoff’s is a pretty big strike against him but if you look there are 4 other teams that still have yet to make the post season since the lockout. (Toronto, Florida, Phoenix and L.A.).
- Battle of Alberta: Winning isn’t everything. Very good article about the long term ramifications of the league’s anti-Balsillie stance.
- Lighthouse Hockey: What is Doug Weight’s ideal role? Leadership and some decent secondary scoring.
- Sens Chirp: Deadline looms. Lots of chatter about Heatley.
- The Cult of Hockey: Smid back with the Oilers and ready for prime time. The Oilers are going to need him to step up this season.
- PuckUpdate: KHL using journeyman goalie Robert Esche as centerpiece for advertising. While I agree he certainly isn’t name brand, it is a kinda funny ad. Although what’s the deal with the man purse he appears to be holding?
- Fantasty Hockey Scouts: Jay and the team at FHS asked a blogger from each of the 30 teams to pick two breakout players from their teams. Here is a list of the Southeast division. If your looking for fantasy players check this out.
- icethetics: A look at Team Canada Olympic jersey. Very nice. Although it’s no Canada Cup 1987 jersey.
- T.O. Sports: Will the Toronto Maple Leafs finally make the NHL Playoffs? Not this season. My prediction is 9th-11th. Unless more Leaf fans shows up like this and distract the opposing team.