Hockey Hits: Does the NHL have a secret plan to regain its popularity?
Some news and notes from the Blogs today:
- Down Goes Brown: The NHL’s secret plan to regain its popularity. Most of the suggestions were funny but this one “To better attract southern US fans, zambonis will now travel 190 mph, only turn left, and occasionally crash into the end boards and explode” took the cake. Good list worth reading.
- The Bruins Blog: Another Olympic snub for center Savard. I was thinking perhaps it was faceoff % but they were both in the 50% range last season.
- Snapshots: Wings coach Mike Babcock still believes Wings can reclaim the Cup. They did win the Western Conference last season and while they did lose some big pieces of the puzzle, this is still a very dangerous team.
- Puck-Rakers: “Depth Perception,” a look at the Blue Jackets centers. Good breakdown and analysis of the Jackets as they head into camp.
- Beyond the Blueshirts: So much for Salavat: Zherdev not signing with the KHL club. This is why you need to be careful with internet reports.
- T.O. Sports: 2010 NHL Contracts that make me sick to my pants! Some of these contracts are just awful, unless you are said player or his agent.
- Deadspin: Kane vs. Cabbie incident “Overblown” according to everyone. Popular thought is that some dollar, dollar bills yall are being passed around, hence the recanting by the taxi driver’s attorney.
- Fantasy Hockey Scouts: Jay and the team at FHS asked a blogger from each of the 30 teams to pick two breakout players from their teams. Here is a list of the Pacific division. If your looking for fantasy players check this out.
- icethetics: University of South Florida hockey team needs a new logo and you can help. I like when teams open up to fans creativity. If you are creative, why not enter a submission.