Hockey Hits: All roads apparently lead to San Jose.
Some news and notes from the Blogs today:
- Oilersnation: A tearful goodbye. Oilers fan are happy the Heatley saga is finally “officially” over. I cannot wait to see Heatley play his first game in Edmonton. He will get quite the response.
- the 6th Sens: Vote for Heatley as Sharks captain for 2010/11. It appears that with the Oilers sage officially concluded, we can now move to the next contestant in the Dany Heatley sweepstakes. It appears that this might drag out into the regular season as it appears that Sharks GM Doug Wilson isn’t going to be rushed into make a decision.
- Sens Chirp: Why San Jose? Perhaps because it is the only place left that would take Mr. Heatley! They also want to shake things up. So I ask you, why not San Jose?
- Puck Daddy: Senators need the Sharks, but do Sharks fans need Heatley? Interesting question. Do I think they need them as badly? Not really. I mean they did win the President’s Cup last season. But it would seem that years of being knocked out early in the playoffs is finally getting to GM Doug Wilson. As I said though, I don’t believe he is in any rush to pull off a deal.
- Spector Hockey: Latest Heatley rumours. Nothing too new here. Lists all the latest news from the papers surrounding the Heatley trade.
- Lighthouse Hockey: Live coverage of Islanders Lighthouse project hearings. Will they or won’t they approve of Wang’s proposal? Tune in.
- Five Hole Fanatics: Every move, the wrong one. As Richard earlier analyzed, the moves being made by Rangers GM Glan Sather have some people wondering what is in the cigars he loves to smoke.
- Crash the Crease: Will there ever be a dynasty again? I doubt it. I don’t ever see a team winning at least 3-4 championships in a row.
- Defending Big D: Hiring of Charlie Huddy completes philosophy change in Dallas. If you want your d-men to be a bit more offensive then it appears that Charlie Huddy will be a nice upgrade for the Stars.
- Lions in Winter: Very few stories that came out of the 1993 Montreal cup run cast Gary Leeman as a central character. Always interesting to read inside stuff from some memorable Cup runs.
- Ryan Miller’s Blog: Lamenting the loss of people’s ability to interact without technology. He is always welcome to call me anytime here in Lansing to chat. We can discuss his position on Team Michigan. We can chat about which is the better mall, West Lansing Mall or the Meridian Mall in East Lansing.
- College Hockey News: Bavis Promoted, Buddy Powers Joins BU Staff.