Hockey Hits: Michael Nylander needs some Daily Affirmation with Stuart Smalley
Some news and notes from the Blogs today:
- Japers’ Rink: Nylander: Boudreau “Told Me I Wasn’t Good Enough”. Well in the words of Stuart Smalley from SNL someone needs to tell Michael that “he’s good enough, he’s smart enough and gosh darn it, people like him”. (well, except for Bruce Boudreau that is).
- Matchsticks and Gasoline: Were Sutter’s good moves the right ones? I think come next season’s playoffs when the Flames are ridin, we will see the benefit of Sutter’s moves.
- Snapshots: In post-Soviet Russia, KHL contracts come with strings attached. What. Seriously? Strings attached to a contract drafted in Russia. Never would have expected that.
- From the Rink: Cracks begin to show in Reinsdorf bid. Wow. Shocker. The creditors are calling the Reinsdorf bid into question. Just wait till the people in Glendale are made aware of the possible ‘Coyote tax’. Because that’s what people want to do in tough economic times. Help bail out a new billionaire owner.
- Phoenix News: Did the City steer the Phoenix Coyotes franchise to an insider? Wow. If this reporting is accurate then something stinks in Denmar…..I mean Glendale.
- Puck Daddy: For Islanders and their fans, Tuesday’s critical moment for future. Charles Wang has been waiting almost ten years for this expansion project. I personally don’t see why the council is holding him back. Any redevelopment in the area would be a good thing.
- Sens Chirp: Sharks pressing hard. Appears that Sens fans are a lot happier with this potential deal than the one that was tentatively agreed to with the Oilers. The overwhelming sentiment appears to be a complete lack of interest in Cheechoo.
- Fear the Fin: Confessions of a Tradeaholic: Is Dany Heatley worth the headache? Good photoshopping. The look from the SJ side. Seems like some of the fans want him for the offence he would bring but the big concern, no shocker, is the Dany Heatley attitude that he brings.
- Mile High Hockey: Tales of an Avalanche blogger. It amazes me how some organizations don’t adapt to the new times. As David says they had 40,000 Avs fans pass through the site last month. Don’t the Avs want to reach these fans?
- icethetics: QMJHL’s Lewiston MAINEiacs are joining the other 59 Canadian Hockey League teams switching over to the Reebok Edge Uniform. Nice jersey.