Blog Hits: San Jose’s first game against Edmonton (Fri Nov 27, 2009) & Ottawa (Tue Dec 1, 2009). Which is more exciting?
Some news and notes from the Blogs today:
- Battle of California: Heatley or No Heatley. As Bill Shakespeare said, that is the question. It would appear that this is his final destination.
- Silver Seven: Heatley’s final suitor. Sens blog reacts to the prospect of packing Heatley off to the West coast.
- Cult of Hockey: The Heatley Plot Unthickens . . .Oh the drama. San Jose is probably the best spot for him.
- SenSay: The new deal. Speculation is that this Heatley deal is now requiring a third team. Interesting.
- Winging it in Mowtown: Evaluating Chris Chelios stay in Mowtown. I still think he has something in the tank. Watching him play forward this season was good times. He could probably help a team with some young defence needing mentoring.
- Puck Daddy: Will he stay or will he go? Kovalchuk’s future in Atlanta. Rare to see loyalty in professional sports anymore. Would be nice to see the Thrashers management build a winner and Kovalchuk is certainly a player that you can build a winner around.
- Canucks Army: The Vancouver Canucks have already had a few departures from last year’s club, mostly through free agency. Hopefully won’t hurt the Moose’s chances to get back to the AHL championship.
- Lowetide: Penner for Zherdev? Can’t see this happening. But it’s up for discussion.
- Oilersnation: How do you solve a problem like Cogliano? Who knew the Oil have so many problems.
- Bringing Back the Glory: The myth of a third line center. Interesting idea. I too find myself still thinking in terms from over a decade ago. Comes with age.
- Empty Netters: Penguins fan crashed Penguins’ Cup party. Amazing story. A buddy of mine did this once. Except it was during the Grey Cup in Winnipeg. Not quite the same as crashing the Stanley Cup.