Blog Hits: GMs that are ahead of the curve!
Some news and notes from the Blogs today:
- Lions in Winter: Playing the system: GMs that are ahead of the curve. No surprise to see Ken Holland mentioned. And is this just a Canadiens fan taking a shot at Flyers GM Paul Holmgren or does the Pronger deal show that he hasn’t been able to figure out what the other GM’s already know.
- Puck-rakers: Justin Williams a Red Wing? Looks like Wings GM Ken Holland is starting to fill some of the holes the Wings have at forward.
- Puck Daddy: To the surprise of no one, NHL rejects Balsillie, approves Reinsdorf. Boring. If you could bet on this (and in Vegas I’m sure you could have) the odds of Reinsdorf losing would likely not have been worth betting.
- Five Hole Fanatics: Defenceman and shot prevention. Interesting look. Breaks it down from a Flames perspective but could use that system with any team obviously.
- mc79hockey: Sheltering MAB. If your as clued out as I was what he did was ‘look at each team’s defencemen who were on the ice for at least 500 draws and pull the defenceman with the highest ratio of defensive to offensive draws, relative to the team, and those with the lowest ratio of defensive to offensive draws, relative to the team.’ Clear yet? If you like crunching numbers, check it out.
- Brodeur is a Fraud: Even-Strength save percentage. More number crunching. I wonder how many hockey bloggers day jobs are in the accounting realm?
- The Bruins Blog: Bruins have with an interesting mix of left- and right-handed shots on its back line. Hopefully they can spread it out to give them the depth they need when facing Crosby, Malkin and Ovechkin next season.
- NHL Fanhouse: Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli talks building on success, title-crazed Boston. With the Patriots, Celtics & Red Sox having done so well recently, its on the Bruins to step up and win a championship to join the cool kids club and it appears that GM Chiarelli thinks they can do this soon.
- T.O. Sports: Shootout Wizards: Where does your favorite player rank? The more interesting list was those that didn’t make the list. Surprised that Jussi Jokinen didn’t make the cut.
- Puck the Media: Mike Lange interview. Good egg. I like Mike Lange. Not like, like. Just like.
- Greatest Hockey Legends: Hockey Statues. Interesting article about various hockey statues around the NHL. Know of any good ones. If so, post away on the site.
- Lowetide: Four RFA’s and some big decisions left. The prospects for Oilers’ prospect Rob Schremp who has provided Illegal Curve readers with a unique insight into the world of professional hockey is discussed.
- Lighthouse Hockey: Islanders re-sign Jack Hillen to two-year deal. Exciting times on the Island. It would appear that while they don’t expect to be the Penguins next season, things are looking good for the Islanders.
- PensBurgh: Pick the Penguins next breakout player. It would appear that Tyler Kennedy is the voting favorite so far among Pens fans. Perhaps they are remembering his good hands on the Crosby pass from Game 4 of the Stanley Cup Playoffs.
- And for any Baseball fans out there, I attended last night’s Brewers/Nationals games and what would a baseball game be without a Sausage race. Enjoy.