Blog Hits: Things you should and shouldn’t do if you are attending Jason Spezza’s wedding
Some news and notes from the Blogs today:
- Down Goes Brown: Etiquette tips for the Jason Spezza wedding. Hilarious list.
- Blueshirt Banter: Should the Rangers make a play for Kessel? Why not? Rangers love going for players developed by other teams. That being said, Kessel is an explosive player who scores, so really any team that gets him is getting a young, good goal scorer.
- Stanley Cup of Chowder: Bruins sign defenceman Derek Morris.
- Snapshots: Red Wings’ participants in Olympic camps have Ken Holland’s blessing to skate. As part of Team Canada’s management team Ken Holland has a vested interest in getting these guys to the rink but at the same time with so many of his players playing on the various Olympic teams, he isn’t going to take any chances for them to get injured. So if he says its ok, my assumption is he is saying that as GM of the Wings first.
- Habs Inside/Out: The times they are a changin. Montreal has changed almost more (if not the most) than any other team and next season should be interesting without the face of the franchise Saku Koivu.
- Lowetide: Get Z! NOT HAPPENING. Ok even he says the Wings wouldn’t part with Henrik Zetterberg, and I don’t think GM Ken Holland will be making any more big moves.
- The World of Junior Hockey: Everett Silvertips Vice President/General Manager Doug Soetaert announced today a preseason game between the Phoenix Coyotes and Tampa Bay Lightning. Interesting that the Seattle region doesn’t get mentioned more often as a possible expansion spot.
- The Cult of Hockey: Gabe Desjardins studies defensive errors of San Jose Sharks. If you love stats, this is an article you need to read.
- mc79hockey: Yet another angle on Khabibulin. Cue the Oilers goaltending articles. He makes an interesting point when comparing Khabibulin to Biron and we will see what happens next year.
- Oilersnation: Why I could care less about goalie wins and losses. Are winning and losing beyond a goaltenders control and if so what does that mean for the OIlers and Khabibulin.
- NHL Fanhouse: Two groups bid for Phoenix Coyotes. Thankfully I’m not an accountant and don’t have to make sense of the apparent $60 million the Coyotes lost last year. Interesting to see how this resolves itself.
- Puck Daddy: The Chronicles of Stanley: Party fouls and angering hockey gods. If you want to know what the Pens are doing with the Cup, read on.