Blog Hits: What does it mean when you say someone is ‘a victim of a bad set of circumstances’
Some news and notes from the Blogs today:
- Cult of Hockey: NHLPA boss Paul Kelly says that Dany Heatley would seriously consider playing for the Oilers. Apparently Mr. Kelly would have fans believe that Heatley is ‘a victim of a bad set of circumstances’. That’s one way of putting it. One really bad way of course. Does anyone actually know what this means?
- Puck Daddy: Hossa to have surgery tomorrow to repair rotator cuff tear; 4 month recovery. Nobody in Detroit is crying over this one. The irony is I was convinced that Hossa was injured in the 2nd last game of the season against…..Chicago.
- Snapshots: The KHL’s stance on ‘restricted free agents,’ IIHF’s inability to police them bode poorly for Jiri Hudler’s return to Red Wings. This is the result you get when one partner is willing to follow the rules and another is not. Hudler’s ‘loss’ isn’t that significant.
- Snapshots: NHL deputy commissioner Bill Daly’s big lie regarding Red Wings’ back-to-back Cup Finals scheduling beef. Another example of the NHL putting a positive spin on something. If there wasn’t any negative complaining, then it means they did something right? C’mon.
- In Lou We Trust: Does Paul Martin have a future as a New Jersey Devil beyond 2010? How far the former Prime Minister has fallen. Can’t even keep his job in Jersey. Oh wait. Looks like the Devils have or will cut ties with almost all their Stanley cup winning team connections….with the exception of Marty Brodeur, of course.
- Oilersnation: Building a tandem. They need to look to the Minnesota Wild if they are interested in doing this well. Has Dipetro been injured his entire career? Good thing they signed him to a 10+ yr contract.
- Lions in Winter: Canadiens rival report. A look at the moves made by the team’s Montreal consistently faces. Has anyone changed as much as Montreal this off season?
- Flamesnation: Connecting the dots. Amazes me what hockey fans will do to pass the time till hockey season begins. Why not start worrying about possible lines.
- On Frozen Blog: Bob Woods and his roll into the NHL. If you’d like to meet the Caps newest assistant coach, this is a good place for an introduction.
- The Bruins Blog: Former Boston Bruins forward Dave Poulin has joined the Toronto Maple Leafs as their new vice president of hockey operations. Good hire by the Leafs. No foolin with Poolin.
- USCHO: UNH gets two years’ probation for recruiting violations. ‘Sending 923 impermissible e-mail messages to 30 prospective student-athletes.’ Ouch. That’s not going to be good for business. That’s not going to be good for anyone.