Blog Hits: Who would be your goalie of the decade?
Some news and notes from the Blogs today:
- From the Rink: Rocky Wirtz on the Dale Tallon reassignment. I don’t really understand the rationalizations we are being provided with, but I guess the Blackhawks management does.
- Japers’ Rink: Is Michael Nylander the root of Dale Tallon problems? At least Michael Nylander’s wife is a hero in Edmonton…
- Gospel of Hockey: More on the Dale Tallon firing. I wonder if Tallon eventually land another GM job elsewhere?
- Crash the Crease: Why is there a goaltending ’black hole’ in Philadelphia? The hole used to be glaring, I’m not so sure it is anymore, but it isn’t a certainty.
- Pensburgh: How Tyler Kennedy celebrated with the cup. If only we could hear about the stories that don’t get written about…
- Goon’s World: Some video of Bruins prospect Joe Colborne. Loads of potential with this big youngster.
- Matchsticks and Gasoline: Flames prospect camp is set to start tomorrow and here are some young guns to watch out for. The Flames aren’t loaded with prospects by any means, but there are some potential impact players in there.
- Stanley Cup of Chowder: Looks like P.J. Axelsson may be close to signing a multi year deal with another team. One of the Bruins’ faithful for a long, long time. It’s hard not to love his game.
- Defending Big D: Marty Turco is looking to rebound after a disastrous season. He can’t be any worse than last year can he?
- Lowetide: Since trading Ryan Smyth the Edmonton Oilers have spent untold hours and millions trying to find another Ryan Smyth. Maybe but how many Oilers fans scoffed at his asking price a couple years ago?
- Oilersnation: Some humour courtesy of Matt Greene. One of the funnier players out there.
- Snapshots: A perfect 83rd game? Red Wings vs. Dynamo Moscow. The Wings would demolish them.
- Brodeur is a Fraud: Helping to choose a goalie of the decade. More difficult than you thought?
- OHL Prospects: Here are 10 potential 1992 and 1991 born rookies to look out for next season. I feel old when we talk about “1992s”
- The Puck Stops Here: Are the Olympic hockey orientation camps useless? Familiarity of the players make them a useful tool. Regardless, they certainly don’t hurt.
- Ted’s Take: Caps owner Ted Leonsis gives a recap of the year’s activities. Give him credit for being interactive.