Blog Hits: When Free really isn’t free!
News and notes from around the Blogs:
- From the Rink: Looks like even when Leafs tickets are “free”, someone will try and turn a profit.
- Snapshots: George Malik re-examins pertinent CBA points: Are salary ‘rollbacks,’ caps on player contract lengths, and league bailout of its GM’s stupid mistakes on the horizon.
- mc79hockey: Sticking with the CBA, apparently it isn’t fool proof.
- From the Rink: Looks like Commish Bettman’s salary has hit the $7 million dollar mark.
- Slap Shot: As Rich reported yesterday, Reggie Fleming passed away and Stu Hackel has a nice tribute to him.
- Five for Howling: Another day in Court. When will this pain end?
- On Frozen Blog: Discusses the loss of his hockey friends to retirement.
- On the Forecheck: The Preds have signed defenseman Nolan Yonkman to a one-year, two-way contract worth $500,000 on the NHL level and $115,000 on the AHL level.
- Cult of Hockey: Gabe Desjardins looksat two different ways of measuring quality of competition.
- Eyes on the Prize: Habs sign big Swedish centerman Andreas Engqvist.
- Four Habs Fans: Introduce us to Andreas Engqvist’s very attractive girlfriend.
- Lowetide: Can Marc Pouliot establish himself as a top 9 forward on the Oilers 2009-10 roster?
- Second City Hockey: Someone better tell Dale Tallon that the NHL salary cap didn’t go up that much.
- T.O. Sports: Justin Pogge, who some viewed as the Leafs goalie of the future will now be fighting hard for a spot…on an AHL roster.
- Mile High Hockey: Despite the excitment at drafting Matt Duchene, times are still going to be rough for Avs fans for the next few years as they rebuild.
- Greatest Hockey Legends: A look at the Hull brothers.