Blog Hits: President Obama likes Russia’s newest Ambassador
Some news and notes from around the Blog’s:
- Mile High Hockey: More reaction to the news of Joe Sakic’s retirement.
- Slap Shot: Discusses the Hawks troubles.
- On Frozen Blog: Apparently President Obama talks over in Moscow covered more than just international politics as he showed Ovie some love.
- Blueshirt Banter: Are the Rangers in talks with Derek Morris?
- Lighthouse Hockey: The AHL realigns and now the Islanders and Rangers are proper AHL rivals.
- Broad Street Hockey: Chris Pronger signs a 7 year, $35 million dollar extension.
- mc79hockey.com: Talks about the Chris Pronger contract, Cap hits and players over the age of 35.
- The Bruins Blog: Matt tells us that Bruins draftee Jordan Caron has a measure of comfort at day one of the Bruins Development Camp.
- Stanley Cup of Chowder: Bruins sign Drew Fata and Dany Sabourin.
- Greatest Hockey Legends: Pens d-man Dave Burrows is no longer the most underrated player of all time.
- Five Hole Fanatics: Makes the case for someone in the NHL seeking out Nik Zherdev.
- In Lou We Trust: With all the free spots in the roster what will the team look like and where are these new players likely to come from?
- Four Habs Fans: What next season’s Montreal roster would look like if the season started tonight.
- Defending Big D: Stars sign Jeff Woywitka to a two-year, one-way contract worth $1.3 million.