On the Beat: Pens down 2-0 but not same as last year and Jacques Martin reaction
Stanley Cup Final
- Deadline deals from the past two seasons have helped the two Cup finalists, writes Dan Wood. Good points by Wood. These deals weren’t “major” but added the necessary ingredients to already established teams.
- The Wings may be up 2-0, but the stats have not been tilted in Detroit’s favor as much as last season’s Cup finals. The Penguins deserved to be down 2-0 last season, this year they really don’t deserve to be down 2-0.
- Aaron Portzline of the Columbus Dispatch takes a look at the Thrashers organization. Let’s just say the only way to go is up…
- Mike Heika says Dave Tippett’s job should be secure in Dallas…for now. I think Dave Tippett has done a good job in Dallas, so I like Nieuwendyk’s willingness to give him a chance.
- Georege Richards recaps Jacques Martin’s time in Florida. Martin probably feels more comfortable about his Ottawa resume.
- Here is the Montreal Gazette’s article on the hiring. Expect far more to come once the press conference is complete.