On the Beat: Carey Price to start, Penguins want white-out and Bruce Boudreau wants more from Mike Green
What team beat writers are saying this afternoon:
- The Ducks let the Sharks get their confidence back last night. Too many stupid penalties by Anaheim. You’d think at some point the players would stop taking useless penalties to allow the dangerous Sharks power play countless opportunities.
- Blake Wheeler has not been nominated for the Calder. He had a good season but wasn’t as good as the top three finalists. I’ll say this, he certainly surprised me his output this season. One of Peter Chiarelli’s shrewd moves.
- No Mathieu Schneider tonight for the Habs and Carey Price is starting in net. This team will look a whole lot different beginning with the draft at the Bell Centre.
- Brent Sutter is happy his team battled back last night, but wasn’t happy with the team’s overall performance. This series really is too close to call. It feels like a Game 7 overtime series to me.
- Bruce Boudreau thinks Mike Green can be better for the Capitals. He seems to lack confidence right now.
- The Penguins are calling for a white-out tonight at Mellon Arena. Come up with your own ideas and stop stealing this idea from the former Winnipeg Jets.
- Alexander Ovechkin talks about Sean Avery. Prediction: Caps 3, Rangers 2 tonight.