On the Beat: Antoine Vermette promoted to top line, new lines in St. Louis and Tavares the third best prospect?
I’ve been away the past few days, but I’m back with the regular On the Beat and the Morning Papers tomorrow.
For now, here’s what beat writers are saying this afternoon:
- Here is the lineup the Bruins expect to roll out for tonight’s game in Montreal. Bitz, while not the player Lucic is, brings many of the same qualities.
- Predictions on tonight’s Flames/Hawks games from the Calgary Herald writers. I’ve got the Flames winning 4-1.
- Here are Calgary’s lines for tonight’s game. At least until the first three shifts.
- Antoine Vermette has replaced Manny Malhotra on the number one line in Columbus. Malhortra just doesn’t have the offensive game to be a top-two line centerman.
- Some numbers on the Ducks/Sharks series after Anaheim took a 2-0 lead last night. San Jose still has a shot but only if their best players show up at John Wayne Airport…
- No word yet on who is starting between the pipes for the Habs. I suspect Halak, but we’ll see in due time.
- Some quotes from Rangers coach John Tortorella heading into Game 3. That first period tonight should be a real doozy.
- With the Blues down 3-0, Andy Murray is changing things up. This playoffs has been a great learning experience for the young Blues, but they are done
- Bruce Bourdeau on tonight’s game. The critics will be after Boudreau if his team loses tonight.