On the Beat: Momentum and injuries
What team beat writers are saying this afternoon:
- The Ducks could lose the momentum they’ve gained recently because they don’t play until Friday. Odd schedule, but the rest should only help the key veterans on the team like Niedermayer, Pronger and Selanne.
- It looks like Phil Kessel is close to returning to the Bruins lineup, as he has joined the team on its way to Ottawa. It really is important for him to get into some game action before the playoffs begin.
- Patrick Lalime is done for the season with a hip injury. This won’t affect the team’s playoff hopes at all.
- The Stars lines from practice today if you still care. It really has been a disaster of a season for a team many considered to be Cup contenders.
- No Kristian Huselius again Wednesday because of a concussion. Not something you want to rush with a possible matchup against the hard-hitting Flames in the first round.
- Craig Anderson gets the chance to continue the Panthers’ chase for the playoffs. What a pleasant surprise he’s been this year.
- No Mathieu Schneider or Andrei Markov tonight for Montreal. Only the team’s two best puck-moving defensemen and point-men on the power play.
- The Rangers think Nikolai Antropov will be able to play tomorrow against Montreal. He is probably this team’s best goal-scorer right now. Scary thought for the Blueshirt Faithful.
- Brent Sutter prefers not give players rest heading into the playoffs. Sutter has some great lines in there.
- Simeon Varlamov will start tomorrow night in Atlanta for the Capitals. Chance he plays in the playoffs?