On the Beat: Coyote hunting and a scary story from Columbus
What team beat writers are saying this afternoon:
- James Gordon of the Ottawa Citizen wonders who the heck would want to buy the Coyotes? I have been asking the same question myself. That team has been a money pit for owners, why would someone, particulary in these economic times, want to invest in a money losing venture?
- Phil Kessel was not at Bruins practice this morning. Awaiting word on why.
- Drew Stafford will be in the lineup tonight versus Toronto after being demoted to the “fifth line” in Buffalo’s last game. They certainly need him to contribute to have a realistic shot at the playoffs.
- Adrian Dater is doing a good job of getting the Avs fans geeked up for the possibility that John Tavares will end up in Denver. Gotta have something to look forward to!
- In a rather frightening story, some person was apparently threatening to kill Steve Mason last night at the Blue Jackets game. This is the link from the Columbus papers, Drew has linked some quotes in the post below.