On the Beat: Ryan Miller to return Friday and new lines for Florida
What team beat writers are saying this afternoon:
- Randy Carlyle may hate the shootout but it has served his team well this season. When can we get rid of the shootout? It is gimmicky and is really not an indication of team skill.
- Ryan Miller will return to the Sabres net on Friday. Huge news for Sabres fans, with the team being seven points back, and holding a game in hand on the teams they are chasing.
- Paul Maurice certainly sees the Senators as a threat tonight. As he should. This is a team that is arguably the hottest in the NHL right now and feels it has a chance to slip into the playoffs.
- Chris Osgood will start for the Wings on Friday against the Islanders. NYI has been playing well in the second half, so it is no shoe-in for Osgood to get back on track.
- New lines for the Panthers tonight. With no Miller, the Panthers have to win tonight’s game.
- Seth Rorabaugh previews the Flames for Penguins fans. That should be a fun tilt to watch tonight; I expect a high-scoring affair.
- Ray Emery’s former Russian coach actually liked the fiery netminder. Emery most likely will sign with a NHL team this off-season.
Also, in light of yesterday’s Canucks Team Plane article, reader Allan has passed along this picture with a look inside the team plane: