OTB: Horton breaks finger, Jagr talk continues and Sutherby signs extension
What team beat writers are saying this afternoon:
- Coming off an oustanding performance against Tampa Bay, Hurricanes coach Paul Maurice is hesitant to change his lineup. Interesting matchup tonight against NYR, as both teams have been winning since the deadline.
- The Blue Jackets lines from practice today. The Jackets finally have some nice depth.
- Brian Sutherby is close to inking a two-year contract extension with the Stars. Obviously the Stars have been impressed with the big checking line centerman.
- Devils lines from practice today. Wouldn’t want to be the Devils’ next opponent.
- Give credit where credit is due, Dave Staples was right about Jaromir Jagr. Staples is a reputable source.
- Nathan Horton has broken his finger and will be out of the Panthers lineup for an undisclosed amount of time. He hasn’t exactly been setting the league on fire, but he’s still one of the team’s best scorers.
- Rich Hammond of the L.A. Daily News interviews Terry Murray. Focuses on Kopitar’s resurgence.
- Steve Valiquette starts tonight for the Rangers. The ‘Canes have been scoring like crazy the past couple games, so Valiquette better be ready.
- Rob Blake and Evgeni Nabokov did not accompany the Sharks on their trip to Minnesota. Both don’t seem major. The post also includes the latest Sharks lines.
- Brent Sutter isn’t surprised that Martin Brodeur had an off-game. He’s right.