Friday Night Links and Illegal Curve Notes
A couple notes before passing on a few interesting links. First, we have spoken to the crew at 92.9 Kick FM in Winnipeg about having a two-hour radio show on trade deadline day and they have been amenable to that idea. So, on Wednesday March 4, we will be on the air from 8pm-10pm CST. As always, the broadcast will also be streamed live online.
Additionally, IllegalCurve.com will be live blogging starting at 8am CST on Trade Deadline Day. We will analyze every trade, comment on the numerous funny moments on TSN and Sportsnet as they duke it out breaking every trade and, most importantly, we will try to provide you with as much insight as is humanly possible.
On to the links:
- Possible targets for the Flames prior to the deadline. The return of D-Mo?
- Kyle touched on it in the Afternoon Delight but he is more from our friend Craig Custance of The Sporting News: “Twenty percent of the building in Tampa can be filled with fans who pay, on average, six bucks a ticket next year.” Oh boy.
- Brendan Witt has been suspended five games by the NHL. Will this change his trade value?
- Puck Daddy has some interesting comments from Ilya Kovalchuk on Sidney Crosby. Easy on the Crosby criticism already.
- Puck Prospectus interviews P.J. Axelsson and Kimmo Timonen. Since when do Swedes and Fins get along?
- The NHL standings in the baseball standings format from Battle of Alberta. Love this feature.