On the Beat: Who is starting in net tonight?
What team beat writers are saying this afternoon:
- J.S. Giguere looks like he will return to the Ducks on Sunday. Hiller has played well in his place.
- Looks like Manny Fernandez will start tonight for the Bruins. Both tenders have been playing well in Beantown.
- Here are the Flames’ lines from this morning. Cammalleri has looked good on the top line.
- Joe Sakic is now out indefintely with a back injury. It doesn’t look like this injury is minor.
- Steve Mason will start tonight for Columbus and Derick Brassard will return to the team’s number two line. No surprise in net considering Pascal Leclaire’s performance last night.
- The Stars are a disaster. That’s for sure.
- The fans versus MacTavish is chronicled by Dave Staples. The Oilers are currently losing to St. Louis so I can hear the unhappy fans getting rowdier as I type.
- Josh Harding starts tonight for the Wild. Backstrom played yesterday.
- Ryan O’Byrne (healthy scratch) is out tonight for the Habs. Also of note, the Kostitsyn brothers move to the fourth line.
- Scott Clemmensen starts tonight for New Jersey. The Devils have been hot with Clemmensen between the pipes.
- Brent Johnson starts tonight for the Capitals. The Capitals are playing back-to-back games with travel, so this is probably a good move.