On the Beat: Burke out in Anaheim, Forsberg back in the news and the Canes get three players back tonight
Here is what beat writers are saying this afternoon:
- In surprising news, Bob Murray is taking over for Brian Burke as GM of the Anaheim Ducks. We are awaiting word as to the full details of this move.
- Matt Cullen, Brandon Sutter and Joni Pitkanen will return to the Hurricanes line-up tonight. Great news for Canes fans as all three play integral roles on the hockey club.
- Apparently Peter Forsberg has had yet another foot surgery. Who knows if he will ever return to the NHL.
- Brenden Morrow is not going to be suspended for his instigator penalty last night in Los Angeles. Good move by the NHL using its discretion here. I didn’t think Morrow’s actions warranted a suspension.
- Craig Anderson gets the start in net for Florida tonight versus Tampa Bay. Interesting decision to skip Vokoun and start Anderson two games in a row.
- Jarkko Ruutu has been given a two-game suspension for his elbow to the head of Maxim Lapierre. This suspension was deserved.