News You Can Use Late in the Day
1. Probably the most eloquent written description of hockey you will see today, courtesy of William Faulkner and the 1950’s.
2. Scott Burnside goes behind the scenes with the Flyers as they close in on a playoff spot.
3. Pat Quinn will coach Team Canada at the World Under-18’s.
4. The weekly release from the USHL.
5. The new arena in Edmonton is another step closer to reality.
6. The Ottawa Senators have recalled Brian Lee.
6. Patrick Roy earns himself a 5 game suspension for the playoff melee.
7. Pierre Lebrun writes that the NHL may re-visit its rules on no-touch icing. The rule Pierre advocates for is currently in use by the USHL.
8. All Things Avs is not a Dion Phaneuf fan. Expect Pierre McGuire to rescue his monster.
9. Check out this shaving cream prank gone wrong, courtesy of Fanhouse.
10. John Buccigross picks his award winners and answer reader’s mail.
11. Ken Campbell says the culture in junior hockey needs to change.
12. The weekly Hot List from the Hockey News.
13. Ken Campbell with his thoughts on no-touch icing et al.
14. The Top 10 Fighters in the NHL, Part 1.
15. Adam Portzline feels an infusion of skill and heart will help the Bluejackets.
16. Gordie Howe talks old-time hockey.
17. The Oilers have recalled Jeff Drouin-Deslauriers.
18. Some juicy NHLPA emails have finally been released. More on this from the Toronto Star.
19. A look at Patrick Marleau’s resurgence in San Jose.
20. Brian Sutter has resigned as head coach of the Red Deer Rebels, to be replaced by Jesse Wallin.
21. Bob Duff talks to Adam Graves.
22. All 30 coaches compared to Star Wars characters.
23. The Lightning may allow former captain Tim Taylor to play one final game in a Bolts uniform.
24. NHL Free Agent Day will remain July 1st, despite a request by the NHL to move the day back.
25. I am a little tardy on these Easter themed links, but check out biographies on Rabbit McVeigh and Bunny Laroque.